After reading Tara Caribou’s post today, I’ve decided to commit myself to writing daily during the month of December. I haven’t written new content every day for the last few years, so it’s going to be a challenge. Not only will I be writing on a daily basis, but I’m adopting Tara’s incredible idea to use fellow blogger’s “User Name, Blog Title, Tagline, or poem” as a prompt. I’m doing this as a way of showing you my appreciation and that I’m thankful for the bond we share through our writing.
- During the month of December, I will write a poem a day prompted by a fellow blogger’s User Name, Blog Title, Tagline, or poem. In some cases, I may write my poem as a response.
- While I’m not a fan of form-driven poetry, as a stretch goal, I’m going to try and write a few Kyrielle Sonnets, Haiku, Tanka, and rhyme poems.
- I’m also open to collaborations, something I rarely do.
- The poem will not be about the blogger.
- Out of respect for your privacy, I won’t use any work that appears to be deeply personal.
- If anything I write offends you, please let me know. I’ll take down the work immediately.
- If you do not want to be used as an inspiration, please leave me a note on this post, or send me an email from my “Let’s Connect” page. I won’t be offended. 🙂
- If I visit your pages regularly, there’s a good chance I’ll use you as an inspiration. I read about 30-50 blogs a day, so I won’t be able to get to everyone in December. That said, I may continue into 2019.
Happy Holidays! It’s my sincere hope that you’ll see this effort as a gift. I’ll do everything I can to deliver quality work to you.